Some quick facts about me.
- I wrote my first book when I was five. It was about a rooster. I worked at a newspaper for five years, back when news was actually news. Then I took a crack at freelance writing online. I’ve been writing fiction “professionally” since 2013 and I’ve turned to freelance writing again, mostly for local publications.
- At night, I work in food service. I make pizza, subs, and fried food and wait on customers. For five minutes in early 2020, I was called an essential worker and thanked for my service.
- I’m almost forty and I like to guide strangers into telling me I don’t look my age. I firmly believe I do not and no one will convince me otherwise.
- My loves include my husband and redbone coonhound, in that order, of course. And I kiss them both on the mouth. Reggae. Disney, because life is too short not to have fun and be positive. Cruising, because I’m too old to figure out how to navigate in a strange place. Four-wheeling, since I’m half-redneck. Renaissance festivals, because I’m 100% nerd. Bird-watching and being in nature, except if it requires me to hike. The Marvel Cinematic Universe. My latest obsession is Dungeons and Dragons.
- My pet peeves are arrogance and ignorance, which tend to go hand in hand.
- I am an avid reader, joyously child-free (and please don’t ask me who’s going to take care of me when I’m old. Professionals, that’s who.), a witch-in-training, and have a serious accomplishment addiction. I am also, technically, a Lady.
I don’t think you need to know any more than that.